Volunteer Photographer (Part-Time)
Urban ArtWorks is seeking a part-time, volunteer photographer to help us share the stories of the work we are doing to achieve our mission to create public art that empowers youth and transforms communities. If you have experience in photography and a desire to contribute to our work (or know someone who does), we’d love to hear from you!
This is an unpaid/volunteer position. Flexible schedule. Work will be completed at our studio, and other locations throughout King County where we run our programs and install public murals.
We estimate 5-10 hours a month, and are asking for a 6-month commitment.
- In-studio youth sessions
- Community murals in process
- Completed murals
- Build, organize and maintain image database
- Work with Youth Program Manager and Projects Lead to identify opportunities to capture our work
- Portraits of youth and staff
- 2+ years of professional photography experience preferred
- Excellent eye for images that tell a larger story
- Ability to capture people engaged
- Fresh perspective on capturing images of large scale murals
- Familiarity with building image databases
- A passion for the potential of public art to make a lasting, positive impact in young people’s lives.
To apply, send a cover letter + link to your portfolio or recent work to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!