Volunteer Grant Writer (Part-Time)
Urban ArtWorks is seeking a part-time, volunteer grant writer to help us achieve our mission to create public art that empowers youth and transforms communities. If you have experience writing grants and a desire to contribute to our work (or know someone who does), we’d love to hear from you!
This is an unpaid/volunteer position. Flexible schedule. Work can be completed at our studio and remotely.
We estimate 2-3 hours per week, and are asking for a 6-month commitment.
- Assist with grant research, fundraising, and proposal processes
- Prepare proposals and supporting documents
- Prepare calendar of grants
- Maintain records in database, including grant tracking and reporting
- Identify data needs to successfully tell the Urban ArtWorks story
- Identify additional giving opportunities
- Work with Executive Director and Treasurer / Development chair to align strategy with grant submissions
- 2+ years of nonprofit development and grant writing experience preferred
- Excellent writing and administrative skills
- Familiarity with proposals and grant narratives, ideally in youth and/or arts nonprofit organizations
- Strong computer skills, comfortable working in a database
- A passion for the potential of public art to make a lasting, positive impact in young people’s lives.
To apply, send a cover letter + resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!